Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Ancestors Need Me

I have always felt a yearning to do genealogy. I remember developing my own pedigree system in Excel when I was a child. Over 15 years later my desire to find my ancestors has only grown stronger. I feel my ancestors cheering me on and begging for me to continue researching and taking names to the temple. I also believe that I am among the "skilled men and women" that the Lord has inspired "in developing new technologies which we can use to our great advantage in moving forward this sacred work." Currently I am working on the 20 Minute Genealogist with Dr Knutson, Dr Zapalla, and 8 other students. Though my work on that project will cease when I graduate in April, I will continue applying my talents to genealogy. At RootsTech 2012 I caught a glimpse of the future. It looks bright, and I will make it even brighter.

1 comment:

  1. It is true. Our ancestors need us and we need them. The tools we have these days can make it so much easier to fulfill our obligations of doing our genealogy work.

    ReplyDelete