Monday, April 2, 2012

Developing Useful Talents

I played a lot of video games when I was little boy. I spent many hours on classics such as Road Rash II, NFL Blitz, Super Mario World, and Mario 64. But then I grew up and realized how much video games waste time and money. Any benefit which video games may provide can be obtained through cheaper and more fulfilling means. Yes, video games can be avenue for socializing in person, but they aren't the best avenue. At least games like Boggle and Scrabble enhance a skill worth having. Instead of idling away our time and money we should be developing useful talents.

2 comments:

  1. I also wasted lot of time as a kid playing video games. I wish that I would have used that time to practice the piano or develop other talents. I would then at least have something to show for that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We computer scientists (at least most of us) have another thing in common: we've all been addicted to video games at some point in our lives.

    ReplyDelete